betty's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

betty's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Concerned for a horses well being

I have a neighbor that got a horse and put it on an half acre lot. This lot stands in water for days after a rain and is almost always saturated in water. It has trash and metal poles all over it. There is also lots of pallets stacked and laying in different places on the lot. There is no longer any grass for the horse to graze on. It took about 1 week for that to happen. There is never any hay for him to eat. There is only a cup or two of sweet feed given a day. Shortly after arriving it fell into a open septic tank hole and now has a limp. One of the hind legs is constantly being picked up and slammed down. He also bites at this leg. Now he is doing this with other legs. He has been losing weight and is Naying all the time. The naying will stop from time to time but when someone is around he really gets going. The naying is not bother some but does not seem right to me. I have contacted our local Animal control agency. They informed me that they can do nothing. They say that the horse is fine and the lot is also fine. I don't understand this when they have never even got out of thier trucks to look at him.

Is there anyone who I can call to save this animal from suffering? It is wrong that they do not take care of the horse. We have talked to the owner and this does nothing. Who can I call???????

Re: Concerned for a horses well being

First off if the horse got hurt falling into that septic tank and they did not get medical help for him...that was just so wrong. The reason he bites at his legs is he is in pain. I would about bet you he has some sort of infection from his injury being neglected . Where are you located ?Maybe I can help you find some close to you that can help !

Thanks,
Betty Sue

Ps..I just moved the Helpahorse site to a new server. Check it out when you can http://www.helpahorse.net

city , state Ararat Va