betty's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

betty's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My crippled friend Slappy`

Slappy was tangled in Barbed wire one night as a baby....his rear leg was cut deeply and is scarred....he is 2 years old and a wonderful horse but his hoof has been pulled up backwards due to a severely constricted tendon(the injured leg) We took him in when his owner decided to put him to sleep....we are determined to save him as he is now part of our family and we love him dearly....Have tried every organization we can find,done a pony ride fundraiser(other ponies helping one of their own)had x-rays taken, and consulted with the Vet that will be doing the surgery...although this injury is totally new and a learning experience I am getting no break on price....It will cost upwards of $2000 to fix the hoof...without the surgery eventually the joint will break or the bone come through....We are desperate....Even NCERL wouldnt help us.....I offered to foster horses for them in exchange for putting Slappy's plight on their website...No LucK...is there any organization or place that helps the unrich to provide help to an animal they love?....help

city , state N.C.

Re: My crippled friend Slappy`

Hey..I sent you email...I will help you get the story out there . SOrry it took so long to get back to you.I have had an accident that kept me offline for a while.

Betty

city , state ararat va